style of music
When I met American drummer Gregg Bandana, we knew about him is that he played and recorded with the famous avant-garde artist and innovator of jazz pianist Cecil Taylor, the same man who was turned into a cymbal orchestra of any tool. It was a unique case in the history of jazz: the great pianist has included in its album of the works of another artist and allowed him to play solos in two songs. But this glorious episode in the history of jazz has its own prehistory.
Gregg Bendian was born in 1963 in new Jersey. In the family music sounded all day: parents Gregg Martin and Patricia listened to everything from Tchaikovsky to Sinatra and the Beatles to miles Davis. This could not affect future preferences Gregg. Luckily for him, the school where he studied, was developed system of art education, and the boy opened up a new world of music.
When I met American drummer Gregg Bandana, we knew about him is that he played and recorded with the famous avant-garde artist and innovator of jazz pianist Cecil Taylor, the same man who was turned into a cymbal orchestra of any tool. It was a unique case in the history of jazz: the great pianist has included in its album of the works of another artist and allowed him to play solos in two songs. But this glorious episode in the history of jazz has its own prehistory. Continue reading
2. Music genres. The essence of this category.
3. Musical form: definition, nature, characteristics of the structure. External and internal form of the work.
4. Form – the structure and form of the process (theory Asafiev).
1. L. A. Mazel Structure of musical works.- M. Mus. ed. 1960.- S.
2. L. A. Mazel and V. A. tsukkerman Analysis of musical works. – M. Music, b.-S.
3. German language I. V. Musical form. – M. Music, 1967.- 31 0C.
4. Yuri Tyulin Musical form.- M. “Music”, 1971.- 450C. Continue reading
Svetlana Surganova opened in St. Petersburg a new club called "Astronaut" and changed half of his "Orchestra". And it is even said in an exclusive interview about how you spent the summer.
– Light, small essay on the topic "How I spent my summer?”…
– In the summer I rowed.
– I hope the money?
“Of course not! Literally I rowed. I have an inflatable boat. It’s big and roomy, but the motor on it there, but there are two paddles. We visited a suburban lake in Toksovo and in Roshchino. Then from St. Petersburg heat for eight days were rescued in Portugal. Gorgeous ocean, warm, friendly. We hours out of the water, although usually cool the water in the Atlantic. Many kilometers of beach was full. People communicated with the sea. I walked on the beach. In my ears was Vera Polozkova with her "Photosynthesis". I worked on her own memory, learned poems by heart. Extremely consciously spent hours. I advise everyone who wants to tan well, do not lie seals, move. Continue reading
The musical style of reggae emerged in the 60 years as one of new musical styles Jamaican pop music. Its history is also quite simple and usual for that time. Listening to American radio waves musicians of Jamaica hear some rhythm and Blues songs performed fairly well-known singers. Like the style of music they liked, and they decided to bring it to the masses. But because of the notes they didn’t have, they picked up the music exclusively listening to the radio. Accordingly, the fact that it turned out quite different from the original composition. Some parts just had tended to be overlooked, and to write music in their place put such a familiar Jamaican pop music. And, of course, no musician did not miss the opportunity to add any peculiarity in the composition. Continue reading
1. About the concept of style. S. S. Scraper defines style as the highest kind of artistic unity. This is not the last level of unity: the unity of art style, human, stretches, as the sky above, the unity of the Divine. It outshines stylistic differences, making them irrelevant. Seediness light of divine love becomes the most important thing, eliminating any thought about eclecticism. In the Church can easily be connected to the tunes of the entire two thousand year history of the Church and of all Christian Orthodox peoples, often side by side in the same service. Where God is there is melting style.
The music of Christian civilization… the style Category is too small for her, and cannot embrace her uniqueness. “Style is the man” (Buffon). Musical style – the pronounced worldview. Christianity is more than a worldview: it has revealed an update of the world. “God became human so that man obrilsya” is not a worldview, and ontology. Expression of the new, unheard of Genesis, the updated state of the world and became the language of music is Christian civilization. But the language that seeks to cover the Millennium, stretches its borders and even further, to the very beginning of history. As in the case of verbal language, we can speak about language universals (harmony, pitch, meter, genre universal liturgical, magical and secular intonation, tools and techniques of playing them). Continue reading